Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card review!
This is the normal credit card offered by Chase. It has a plethora of benefits and perks that make it one of the most valuable credit cards to have while not making it a premium offering!
Annual Fee: $95
What type of earning do I get?
5x points on Lyft rides through March 2022.
2x points per dollar on dining and travel transactions worldwide.
1x points per dollar on all other purchases.
25% Redemption Bonus
· When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel portal, they are worth 50% more. That means that 60,000 points are worth $750 rather than the standard $600. This means that every Chase point is worth at least 1.25 cents if used on travel.
· Free DashPass subscription that allows for unlimited free deliveries.
· $60 back on Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021.
· Extended Warranty: Adds a year on top of a manufacturer’s existing coverage if the manufacturer's warranty is 3 years or less.
· Purchase protection: Theft, accidental damage, or loss is covered within 120 days of purchase. A great example might be that new phone or laptop that you leave behind 😊
· Trip Delay: $500 per ticket if delayed for more than 12 hours.
· Trip Cancellation: $10,000 per person, and $20,000 per trip for pre-paid non-refundable travel expenses when the trip is canceled or cut short by sickness.
· Luggage: $3,000 per passenger if luggage, carry-on or checked, is lost by the carrier. If delayed for over 6 hours, you can get $100 a day for 5 days for essential toiletries, clothes, etc.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of the best mid-level credit cards in the business. For $95, it is a great deal if you want to get stellar travel protection and a decent earnings rate on travel/dining purchases. I think most people would be better off choosing the Sapphire Reserve, as that card has essentially a $150 annual fee. For an extra $55, the Sapphire Reserve offers a ton of extra value; however, you have to have a high credit score to be approved for the card. It truly depends on your needs, but this is a great card to begin your journey!