Your guide to Hilton Honors status
In this post, I will go over what the status levels are within the Hilton Honors program and the benefits at each level!
Member: 0-9 nights
· Hilton Honors discount rate
· No resort fees on reward stays
· Digital check-in
· Choose your room
· Digital key
· Free WiFi
· Access to Exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences
My take: This level doesn’t have any benefits and is the standard offering for everyone.
Silver: 10+ nights
· Member benefits from above
· 20% bonus points per stay (additional 2 points per dollar spent with 1 at Home2 Suites and Tru)
· Free bottled water
· Fifth night free
· Elite rollover nights
My take: This level is where the journey begins. When you are booking a reward stay, Hilton will give you the 5th night for free. At a 95,000 point per night property such as the Conrad Tokyo, that is a huge saving!
Gold: 40+ nights
· Silver benefits from above
· 80% bonus points per stay (additional 8 points per dollar spent with 4 at Home2 Suites and Tru)
· Space-available room upgrades
· Free continental breakfast or bonus points/other welcome amenities (must choose at check-in)
· Milestone Bonuses (at 40 eligible nights, you get an additional 10,000 points for every tenth night so every 48 nights, you take one bonus)
My take: This level is where the most valuable perk – free breakfast – begins! In addition to this, Gold offers room upgrades which can bring additional value. Suite upgrades are not included. The American Express Platinum Card offers this status level when you sign up!
Diamond: 60+ nights
· Gold benefits from above
· 100% bonus points per stay (additional 10 points per dollar spent with 5 at Home2 Suites)
· Milestone Bonuses (same as Gold, but Diamond earns 30,000 points after reaching 60 nights in a year so you would get four 10,000-point bonuses and a 30,000-point bonus totaling 70,000 points).
· 48-hour room guarantee (guaranteed room at any Hilton property with 48-hour notice)
· Space-available room upgrades (including suites)
· Free continental breakfast in addition to bonus points/other welcome amenities (no choice, you get both!)
· Executive Lounge Access: Most top tier hotels such as Conrad branded hotels have lounges that provide free drinks and evening hors d’oeuvres. This can be enough for you to skip dinner at times! Some offer complimentary alcohol as well.
My take: This status level offers numerous benefits. The best thing about it is that you can get it by signing up for the American Express Hilton Honors Aspire Credit Card. This status alone will provide enough value to cover the $450 annual fee!
If you are traveling soon, be sure to get some status through credit-cards to make your stay more enjoyable, especially at Hilton properties. However, you have to consider the benefits and costs. If you aren’t traveling soon or don’t want to stay in a $1,000 per night hotel, pursuing status may not be the right option for your journey.